We support House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte’s bill, H.R.4760, Securing America’s Future Act. It looks to be the best opportunity to focus on real fixes to our boarder security and immigration system. Bill text here.
Among other things, the bill:
- Ends Chain Migration
- Cuts off law enforcement grants to Sanctuary Cities
- Abolishes Diversity Visa Lottery
- Authorizes Full Border Wall
- Requires E-Verify
- Allows those who meet all DACA criteria to pay administrative and $1000 Border Security fees to obtain a renewable 3 year work permit, but not green card or citizenship
4 THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW
1. Call your U.S. Representative’s office and urge them to co-sponsor and support the Goodlatte bill, H.R. 4760, Securing America’s Future Act, if they aren’t already. Thank them if they are, or offer to send them the bill summary if they are not. Tell them you support the bill, but not citizenship, and the bill should not be attached to a spending bill.
2. Call both your U.S. Senators' offices and let them know you support the Goodlatte House bill and expect the Senate to produce a like companion bill. Urge them to sponsor/co-sponsor it. Tell them the immigration reforms should take place first, no citizenship, and immigration reform should not be part of a spending bill.
3. Call the following key Representatives and Senators who are closely involved in negotiating an “immigration deal”, using the following script as a guide:
My name is _______.
I know (Sen./Rep. xmxmxmx) is negotiating with President Trump about an immigration deal.
I urge him to support House Bill 4760, Securing America’s Future Act. This bill does the following, which are critical to me:
ends Chain Migration
cuts off law enforcement grants to Sanctuary Cities
abolishes the Diversity Visa Lottery
authorizes the Full Border Wall
requires every employer to use E-Verify
those who meet all DACA criteria and pay a Border Security Fee may obtain a renewable 3 year work permit, but not a green card nor citizenship
These items are non-negotiable to help protect our national sovereignty and border security.
Paul Ryan (R), Speaker (202) 225-3031
Kevin McCarthy (R), House Majority Whip (202) 225-2915
Steny Hoyer (D), House Minority Whip (202) 225-4131
Mitch McConnell (R), Majority Leader 202-224-2541
Senate Republican Working Group
John Cornyn (R ), Majority Whip 202-224-2934
Tom Cotton (R) 202-224-2353
Chuck Grassley (R) 202-224-3744
James Lankford (R) 202-224-5754
David Perdue (R) 202-224-3521
Thom Tillis (R) 202-224-6342
SENATE GANG OF SIX
Linsey Graham (R) 202-224-5972
Jeff Flake (R) 202-224-4521
Corey Gardner (R) 202-224-5941
Michael Bennett (D) 202-224-5852
Dick Durbin (D), Minority Whip
Bob Menendez (D) 202-224-4744
4. Contact The White House, saying you support President Trump’s Principles of Immigration Reform, including securing the border, ending chain migration, ending the diversity visa lottery, and that you are opposed to citizenship. Let President Trump know you are in favor of the Goodlatte bill, H.R. 4760.
MORE INFORMATION ON THE BILL
Daniel Horowitz on Goodlatte bill
White House statement on 1/10/18 about the Goodlatte bill.
President Trump's Immigration Plan
Please take action and share
this with your friends!